Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME)
- UTME candidates should have five O-Level WASCE/NECO and its equivalent credits in five subjects including Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English Language and Biology. Candidates should offer the following subjects in UTME JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION: English Language, Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry. This is the only accepted JAMB subject combination for B.Eng. Degree in Biomedical Engineering at the University of Ilorin.
- Remedial students of the University who passed remedial exams may be absorbed into 100 Level.
Direct Entry (DE)
- Candidates with Ordinary National Diploma (OND / ND) in Biomedical Engineering or other relevant Engineering disciplines with minimum of Upper Credit. In addition a minimum of one-year post qualification industrial attachment may be considered for admission into the 200 Level of the degree programme.
Relevant Engineering Disciplines include: Biomedical Engineering Technology, Chemical Engineering Technology, Electrical & Electronics Engineering Technology, Materials & Metallurgical Engineering Technology, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Metallurgy and Polymer Technology.
- Candidates who have three ‘A’ Level passes in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry / Biology with minimum of 10 points are considered for direct entry admission into 4-year degree programme in Biomedical Engineering.
- Candidates who have Higher National Diploma (HND) with Upper Credit / Distinction in Biomedical Engineering may be considered for admission into the 300 Level of the programme and must have at least 1-year post qualification experience.
- In addition, candidates for direct entry admission must possess five ‘O’ Level WASCE / NECO and its equivalents credits in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.