- To produce engineering graduates who are trained to use their knowledge of mathematics, physical sciences, biology, physiology, anatomy, material science and engineering to solve problems at the interface of medicine and engineering.
- To provide students with a broad and balanced foundation to be able to function as professional Biomedical Engineer.
- To provide students with knowledge and skills base from which they can proceed to further studies in specialized areas involving medicine.
- To empower graduates of Biomedical Engineering with skills that will enable them engage in income yielding ventures as well as increasing their entrepreneurial capacity.
- To contribute through research and consultancy services to national development in the fields of engineering, medicine, pharmacy and other related biomedical fields.
- To prepare students through industrial training to enter industrial careers in Biomedical Engineering or related engineering field.